Microsoft Excel keyboard shortcuts
Before you proceed, note that the list is pretty long but it is by no means a complete list consisting of all the Excel shortcuts. However, we have picked out some of the most useful shortcuts, and we hope this would be worth your time.
1. Ctrl + N: To create a new workbook.
2. Ctrl + O: To open a saved workbook.
3. Ctrl + S: To save a workbook.
4. Ctrl + A: To select all the contents in a workbook.
5. Ctrl + B: To turn highlighted cells bold.
6. Ctrl + C: To copy cells that are highlighted.
7. Ctrl + D: To fill the selected cell with the content of the cell right above.
8. Ctrl + F: To search for anything in a workbook.
9. Ctrl + G: To jump to a certain area with a single command.
10. Ctrl + H: To find and replace cell contents.
11. Ctrl + I: To italicise cell contents.
12. Ctrl + K: To insert a hyperlink in a cell.
13. Ctrl + L: To open the create table dialog box.
14. Ctrl + P: To print a workbook.
15. Ctrl + R: To fill the selected cell with the content of the cell on the left.
16. Ctrl + U: To underline highlighted cells.
17. Ctrl + V: To paste anything that was copied.
18. Ctrl + W: To close your current workbook.
19. Ctrl + Z: To undo the last action.
20. Ctrl + 1: To format the cell contents.
21. Ctrl + 5: To put a strikethrough in a cell.
22. Ctrl + 8: To show the outline symbols.
23. Ctrl + 9: To hide a row.
24. Ctrl + 0: To hide a column.
25. Ctrl + Shift + :: To enter the current time in a cell.
26. Ctrl + ;: To enter the current date in a cell.
27. Ctrl + `: To change the view from displaying cell values to formulas.
28. Ctrl + ‘: To copy the formula from the cell above.
29. Ctrl + –: To delete columns or rows.
30. Ctrl + Shift + =: To insert columns and rows.
31. Ctrl + Shift + ~: To switch between displaying Excel formulas or their values in cell.
32. Ctrl + Shift + @: To apply time formatting.
33. Ctrl + Shift + !: To apply comma formatting.
34. Ctrl + Shift + $: To apply currency formatting.
35. Ctrl + Shift + #: To apply date formatting.
36. Ctrl + Shift + %: To apply percentage formatting.
37. Ctrl + Shift + &: To place borders around the selected cells.
38. Ctrl + Shift + _: To remove a border.
39. Ctrl + –: To delete a selected row or column.
40. Ctrl + Spacebar: To select an entire column.
41. Ctrl + Shift + Spacebar: To select an entire workbook.
42. Ctrl + Home: To redirect to cell A1.
43. Ctrl + Shift + Tab: To switch to the previous workbook.
44. Ctrl + Shift + F: To open the fonts menu under format cells.
45. Ctrl + Shift + O: To select the cells containing comments.
46. Ctrl + Drag: To drag and copy a cell or to a duplicate worksheet.
47. Ctrl + Shift + Drag: To drag and insert copy.
48. Ctrl + Up arrow: To go to the top most cell in a current column.
49. Ctrl + Down arrow: To jump to the last cell in a current column.
50. Ctrl + Right arrow: To go to the last cell in a selected row.
51. Ctrl + Left arrow: To jump back to the first cell in a selected row.
52. Ctrl + End: To go to the last cell in a workbook.
53. Alt + Page down: To move the screen towards the right.
54. Alt + Page Up: To move the screen towards the left.
55. Ctrl + F2: To open the print preview window.
56. Ctrl + F1: To expand or collapse the ribbon.
57. Alt: To open the access keys.
58. Tab: Move to the next cell.
59. Alt + F + T: To open the options.
60. Alt + Down arrow: To activate filters for cells.
61. F2: To edit a cell.
62. F3: To paste a cell name if the cells have been named.
63. Shift + F2: To add or edit a cell comment.
64. Alt + H + H: To select a fill colour.
65. Alt + H + B: To add a border.
66. Ctrl + 9: To hide the selected rows.
67. Ctrl + 0: To hide the selected columns.
68. Esc: To cancel an entry.
69. Enter: To complete the entry in a cell and move to the next one.
70. Shift + Right arrow: To extend the cell selection to the right.
71. Shift + Left arrow: To extend the cell selection to the left.
72. Shift + Space: To select the entire row.
73. Page up/ down: To move the screen up or down.
74. Alt + H: To go to the Home tab in Ribbon.
75. Alt + N: To go to the Insert tab in Ribbon.
76. Alt + P: To go to the Page Layout tab in Ribbon.
77. Alt + M: To go to the Formulas tab in Ribbon.
78. Alt + A: To go to the Data tab in Ribbon.
79. Alt + R: To go to the Review tab in Ribbon.
80. Alt + W: To go to the View tab in Ribbon.
81. Alt + Y: To open the Help tab in Ribbon.
82. Alt + Q: To quickly jump to search.
83. Alt + Enter: To start a new line in a current cell.
84. Shift + F3: To open the Insert function dialog box.
85. F9: To calculate workbooks.
86. Shift + F9: To calculate an active workbook.
87. Ctrl + Alt + F9: To force calculate all workbooks.
88. Ctrl + F3: To open the name manager.
89. Ctrl + Shift + F3: To create names from values in rows and columns.
90. Ctrl + Alt + +: To zoom in inside a workbook.
91. Ctrl + Alt +: To zoom out inside a workbook.
92. Alt + 1: To turn on Autosave.
93. Alt + 2: To save a workbook.
94. Alt + F + E: To export your workbook.
95. Alt + F + Z: To share your workbook.
96. Alt + F + C: To close and save your workbook.
97. Alt or F11: To turn key tips on or off.
98. Alt + Y + W: To know what’s new in Microsoft Excel.
99. F1: To open Microsoft Excel help.
100. Ctrl + F4: To close Microsoft Excel.